PBTC chemical is a 50% energetic aqueous solution of 2-phosphonobutane-1, 2, and four-tricarboxylic acid. This chemical functions as a threshold inhibitor and also as a strong crystal altering agent for calcium and different metallic salts. PBTC is also utilized as a sequestering agent and calcium carbonate scale inhibitor in different industries.
An overview of what PBTC is
PBTC is a low phosphorus chemical with great threshold inhibition characteristics. For instance, it acts as a great carbonate scale inhibitor, sulfates, and phospates at very low (ppm degree) tiers, sub-stoichiometric concentrations calculated on the hardness of water.
Characteristics of PBTC
Here are some key chemical characteristics of PBTC:
- It has heavy metal chelating ability.
- With metals PBTC is a complexing agent than EDTA. Thus, remobilization within heavy metals is highly eliminated.
- It also has extraordinary tolerance in the direction of hypo-chlorites and chlorine in bromine presence, wherein the maximum of the alternative phosphonates degrade incredibly rapidly.
- Its excellent thermal stability at diverse pH levels permits it to stay powerful even at excessive pH ranges and temperatures.
- Additionally, it has dispersion properties. For instance, its anions get adsorbed via inorganic particles in the water, giving it the dispersion capacity.
- Lastly, it is a superb corrosion inhibitor for carbon metallic. Hence, it is part of all organic water treatment applications.
Applications of PBTC
Below are some of the critical applications of PBTC:
- Industrial cooling water remedy.
- Industrial and institutional cleaners (I & I formulations)
- Liquid dishwashing and detergents
- Metal surface remedy
- Sequestering agent in textile auxiliaries
- Hypochlorite stabilization
How to pick a PBTC supplier?
Regardless of the application, choosing a PBTC supplier is one of the first things you must do. Contrary to popular belief, you do not have to be an chemicals expert to work with chemicals like PBTC to use it in your manufacturing. Instead, all you need is a good chemicals supplier. So here are some things you should consider when choosing a PBTC supplier:
The quality of the PBTC is a significant element to look into. You need a chemical that will suit your needs, depending on the intended applications. This is especially important if you plan to use the chemical for making disinfectants or items that will come into contact with humans.
You may also benefit from choosing a supplier that also offers after sale services like transportation. Transporting chemicals is not an easy task. For instance, some chemicals must be maintained in perfect temperature to prevent hazards and keep them in top-notch shape. So, it would be wise to choose a supplier that offers aftersale services.
Apart from this, you must also consider:
- The cost
- The supplier’s location
- Fulfilment process and time
PBTC acid is one of the most toxic acidic chemicals. To ensure its exceptional performance, you should avoid storing it in moisture. Because some water remedy dealers react fast if they come upon humidity. So be sure to keep PBTC antiscalant in a dry area. This is the most basic requirement. Something else you should do is store the chemical in correctly packaged containers. Doing so will prevent you from making errors when applying the chemicals in various instances.